Thursday 17 December 2015

Edinburgh the third

Haha, I spent most of this morning wandering around with a fork that I borrowed from a restaurant last night when I got takeaway, and promised to return.

Sunrise on St Giles Cathedral. That's right, sun! The cathedral is beautiful inside, especially the Scottishly blue vaulted ceiling with white beams.

The Elephant House cafe, where JK Rowling wrote some of Harry Potter. As bragged about right there on the window. Come on Elephant House, be cool about it.

Greyfriars Bobby. I did not look into why Bobby is famous, because dogs that get memorialised inevitably have a tragic backstory.

Portrait of a Squirrel

Greyfriars Kirkyard.

National Museum of Scotland. Very good museum, gorgeous building.

Nyoooooom!

Waka, recently modernly restored (acrylic stern!) by George Nuku. 

My new daguerreotype boyfriend. Don't be jealous.

I do not understand the topography of Edinburgh at all. My hotel is almost level with the castle, and without any discernible downhill suddenly I'm this far below it.

Albert Memorial in Charlotte Square. I had to visit to pay my regards, one Charlotte Street resident to another.

I found another Christmas market! Or an annex of the main market! Not that it matters. Bring it on! All of the Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment